Frequently Asked Questions
1) What time is check-in and check-out time
June through Labor Day: Check in time is at 4:00 p.m. on the day of arrival and check out is at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
September through May: Check in time is at 4:00 p.m. on the day of arrival and check out is at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure. During these months, we can be flexible with these time if the reservation schedule permits.
2) What do you need to bring:
June – Labor Day
- June – Labor Day: Your boat if you have one. There is a dock but does not a boat lift for your use. However the public access is right around the corner for you to put and take your boat in and out. There should be plenty of space to park your boat trailer in the yard.
- June – Labor Day: Beach towels, water toys, life jackets, boating and fishing equipment. We have a limited amount of lawn chairs. If you want louge chairs, you may want to bring them along.
- Food – including condiments
- Coffee/tea – filters will be provided
- Fire Wood - you can purchase in Spicer or Willmar if needed.
- Inside shoes or slippers. We ask that you not wear your outside shoes throughout the house and that you will respect this request.
- While kitchen is fully supplied, you may want to bring paper products (i.e. paper towels, napkins, plates, silverware)
- Any other personal items you may want during your visit (i.e. medicine)
- For all you crafters, bring your craft supplies.
1. One Set of bed linens, pillows and towels per guest.
2. Luggage Racks
3. For you crafters – workspace, chair, and wastepaper basket
3) Do we need to share beds or are there bunk beds
- There are four bunk beds in the house, however, for scrap booking/crafting weekends all 12 guests will be sleeping in either twin (4 of the beds are bottom of the bunk bed with regular plush mattresses) or queen bed.
4) What are the sleeping accommodations in each room
Master Bedroom – 1 Queen Bed, 2 Twin Beds
Room 1 – 4 Twin Beds
Room 2 – 1 Bunk Bed, 1 Queen Bed
Room 3 – 2 bunk bed
Bedroom 5 - Room on main floor – Bunk bed
5) Is smoking permitted? How about pets?
Idlewood Acres is a smoke-free and pet-free retreat. We ask you kindly to respect this rule.
6) Is there enough parking?
While Carpooling is encourgaged, there should be ample parking to fit your needs, especially when no snow is on the ground. To leave the house you go up a hill. We will do our best to have the snow removed as needed but may want to consider carpooling in the winter if at all possible.
7) For crafting, how much craft space is there for each person to work?
- Each person has a table, completed with cushioned, adjustable chair, and waste basket.
- For those that scrapbook on your computer, you can choose to work at a workstation or on the couch/loveseat. This option will be in the same room as the craft tables.
Additional Items at Idlewood Acres
- Child’s high chair and booster chair, bibs, baby spoon
- Ironing board/iron
- full laundry facility – laundry soap is available but if you have a preference you may want to bring what you like.
- Outdoor Grill - Weber Propane Grill
- Patio furniture
- Internet - wireless
- DVD Player
- Air Conditioning